Black Grape Sorbet
Use fresh California grapes to make this refreshing, summer-perfect sorbet! 🍇 Recipe & photo 📸 credit: Grapes from California
- 4 cups black California grapes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vodka (optional, but helps make sorbet smooth)
- Puree grapes, sugar, lemon zest, and juice in blender until mixture is smooth.
- Place mixture in a saucepan and bring to boil over high heat. Let boil 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Strain puree through fine strainer and discard solids.
- Stir vodka into puree.
- Let mixture chill in refrigerator, then place in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer instructions or freeze in a shallow pan, stirring every 10-15 minutes until frozen.