If grapes are “fruit of the gods” they are most certainly suitable for Valentine’s day! Cupid’s arrow takes on a whole new meaning with these romantic fruit kebabs.
Cupid’s Arrow Grape Skewers
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup black California grapes
- 1 cup whole strawberries
- 1 cantaloupe
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup canola oil (or other oil, except olive oil)
- 12 skewer sticks
- Heart-shaped cookie-cutter, 1-inch in diameter (or sharp knife)
- Rinse grapes and strawberries, pat dry. Remove the strawberry stems.
- Peel the entire melon with a sharp knife. Cut into whole slices, about 1/2 inch in thickness. Using your cookie cutter, make as many hearts as possible. Alternatively, carve hearts by hand with a sharp knife. Refrigerate remaining melon pieces for juicing or snacking.
- Melt chocolate chips in a saucepan on low heat. Add the oil and stir well.
- To assemble: for each skewer, place 1 melon heart, 1 strawberry, and 3-5 grapes (lengthwise)
- Garnish: plate skewers, fanning them. Drizzle with chocolate. Optionally, add a ramekin of chocolate sauce for dipping. Ready to eat!
Nutrition Facts Servings: 2 Amount per serving Calories 537 % Daily Value* Total Fat 32.3g 41% Saturated Fat 14.9g 74% Cholesterol 14mg 5% Sodium 66mg 3% Total Carbohydrate 58.1g 21% Dietary Fiber 4.8g 17% Total Sugars 50.4g Protein 6.3g Vitamin D 0 mcg 0% Calcium 145mg 11% Iron 2mg 12% Potassium 669mg 14%
Find more inspiration on our Pinterest page!