Fresh Homemade Grape Jam
Whether it’s #PeanutButterDay or any old PB&J day, nothing beats homemade jam with Jasmine Vineyards grapes! This recipe makes 1.5 cups of jam.
- 5 1/2 cups Jasmine Vineyards black seedless grapes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup warm water
- natural purple food coloring (optional)
- Cut grapes in half.
- Simmer grapes in a medium pan, covered, for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from fire and process the grapes in a blender to a desired consistency.
- Place the cooked grapes into a bowl. Stir in sugar with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the gelatin powder in warm water and stir. If it does not dissolve, heat 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Add the gelatin and natural purple food coloring to the jam. Cook until desired jam consistency is achieved.
- To store unused jam, pour in a sterilized jar. Makes 1 + 1/2 cups of jam.