Whether it’s #PeanutButterDay or any old PB&J day, nothing beats homemade jam with Jasmine Vineyards grapes!
Fresh Homemade Jam
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 5 1/2 cups of California Black Seedless Grapes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- ¼ cup of warm water
- Natural purple food coloring (optional)
- Cut grapes in half. Simmer grapes in a medium pan, covered, for approximately 20 minutes. Remove from fire and process the grapes in a blender to a desired consistency.
- Place the cooked grapes into a bowl. Stir in sugar with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve the gelatin powder in warm water and stir. If it does not dissolve, heat 30 seconds in the microwave. Add the gelatin and natural purple food coloring to the jam.
- Cook until desired jam consistency is achieved. Makes 1 + 1/2 cups of jam. To store unused jam, pour in a sterilized jar. Serving size is 2 tablespoons.
Makes 1.5 cups of jam