This is a delicious summer salad, as a stand-alone or with grilled chicken or pork. For the dressing we use more yogurt and less mayo to lighten the calorie load, and Dijon to give it some tang.

Preparation time: 15 minutes


6 cups butter lettuce (iceberg, romaine and spring mix work well, too)
1 cup of fresh black California grapes
1 cup of fresh green California grapes
½ cup of sliced and toasted almonds
1 avocado + a few drops of lemon juice
¼ cup of Manchego cheese cut into cubes

Ingredients for Salad Dressing

¾ cup of plain yogurt
¼ cup of mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey mustard (mix equal parts honey and Dijon mustard)
A few drops of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste


Wash the grapes and cut in half. Wash the lettuce very well, pat dry with towels and tear off into small to medium-sized pieces by hand. Add to large serving bowl.

On a separate plate, halve the avocado length-wise, remove the pit and skin and sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice. Cut into cubes.

In the lettuce bowl, add the grapes, cheese and avocado. Mix gently with wooden serving spoons.

For the dressing, whisk together all ingredients until well blended. Add salt to taste.

To serve, sprinkle the salad with almonds and drizzle with dressing just before serving. Accompany with fresh grilled chicken, fish or pork.


4 Servings


Nutritional analysis per serving:Calories 270 % Daily Value* Total Fat 18.2g 23% Saturated Fat 2.9g 14% Cholesterol 5mg 2% Sodium 167mg 7% Total Carbohydrate 24.1g 9% Dietary Fiber 4.5g 16% Total Sugars 12.9g   Protein 5.2g   Vitamin D 0mcg 0% Calcium 63mg 5% Iron 3mg 16% Potassium 373mg 8%

Like it? Let us know!

Get Fresh Alerts™

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!