Scallops with Grapes and Watercress
Enjoy this delightfully healthy scallop dinner with Jasmine Vineyards grapes! 🍇 Recipe & photo 📸 credit: Grapes from California
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts 16 large sea scallops, side muscles removed1/2 cup finely chopped shallots1 cup halved red California grapes
- 2 bunches watercress, thick stems trimmed
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 16 large sea scallops, side muscles removed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 cup halved red California grapes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bake the hazelnuts on a sheet pan until toasted, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a kitchen towel and rub until skins come off (it’s ok if some of the skin remains on the hazelnuts). Coarsely chop and set aside.
- Place the watercress in a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Divide between 4 plates.
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with the remaining pepper. In a 12-inch heavy skillet heat the remaining olive oil over high heat (if you don’t have a 12-inch skillet, do the scallops in two batches). Add the scallops and cook 2 minutes. Turn and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer scallops to a plate and cover.
- Add shallots to the pan and cook until shallots are golden. Add the grapes and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Stir in any accumulated scallop juices.
- Divide watercress among 4 plates, then top with scallops, grape sauce, and finish with the chopped hazelnuts. Enjoy!