Summer’s Not Over Mocktails with Frozen Grape Garnish
Cool off this summer -- or any time of year -- with this refresher featuring thirst-quenching Jasmine Vineyards grapes!
For the syrup
- 2 tbsp juniper berries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the cocktail
- 3 oz sparkling grape juice
- 3 oz plain carbonated water
- 1 oz juniper syrup
- few dashes orange bitters
- 4 orange twists for garnish
- 4 Jasmine Vineyards green, red, and black grapes, frozen for garnish
For the syrup:
- Combine 4 oz. of natural sugar and 4 oz. of water over med-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Stir occasionally to avoid scorching the sugar. When the sugar has melted, add 3-4 tablespoons of dried juniper berries that have been crushed or roughly chopped to the liquid.
- Allow the mixture to continue simmering for an additional 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool, then strain for use.
For the cocktail:
- Put three grapes, one of each color, on a short bamboo skewer and freeze until solid. Keep in the freezer until you’re ready to place on the finished drink.
- Cut a few twists of orange peel and set aside for later. Cut one for each drink you are making.
- Over ice, stir together 1.5 oz sparkling grape juice, 1.5 oz plain carbonated water, 0.5 oz juniper syrup*, and a few dashes of orange bitters.
- Strain the mixture into a frozen coupe glass.
- Remove the grape garnish from the freezer and add an orange twist to each one before resting it horizontally over the top of the glass.