Sweet Celebration Almond Frangipane Tart
- 2 cups Jasmine Vineyards Sweet Celebration Table Grapes, halved
- Pastry dough
- 1 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted and cooled completely
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (preferably with skin)
- Confectioners sugar, for dusting
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a12" x 10" rectangle. Fit dough into a tart pan, letting excess hang over the edge.
- Fold overhang inward and press against the side of the pan to reinforce the edge. Lightly prick the bottom all over with a fork. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes (or freeze 10 minutes).
- Preheat the oven to 375° F with a rack in the middle. Line the shell with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake until sides are set and edges are pale golden, 20–25 minutes.
- Carefully remove foil and weights and bake shell until deep golden all over, 15–20 minutes more. Cool completely. Leave the oven on.
- Pulse whole almonds with ¼ cup sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Add flour and salt and pulse to combine.
- Beat together butter and remaining ¼ cup sugar with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in extracts.
- With a mixer at low speed, stir in almond mixture until just combined.
- Spread filling evenly in the tart shell and scatter grapes over it, lightly pressing them in. Sprinkle sliced almonds around grapes and bake until filling is puffed and golden brown, about 35–40 minutes.
- While still hot, dust tart with confectioners sugar, then cool completely. Enjoy!
Photo and recipe credit: The Snack