What is sustainability?
For us, it's about growing grapes in a way that supports our employees, our community, the environment and food safety – for today and tomorrow.
Our commitment to producing safe, wholesome, high quality grapes for everyone to enjoy begins right here in our fields.
California Field Workers
Jasmine Vineyards plays an active role in ensuring the best quality of life for our field staff here in the San Joaquin Valley. Among our activities, we:
- Offer year-round employment with benefits and profit-sharing to all staff and field workers;
- Fund scholarship programs for students from the Coachella and San Joaquin Valleys whose parents are employees of grape growers or shippers, through our partnership with the California Table Grape Commission, and through the Martin J. Zaninovich Scholarship;
- Strengthen the voices of farmworkers, through our partnership with the Central Valley Farmworker Foundation;
- Provide and maintain a safe and clean working environment, safe equipment and safe tools.
We constantly strive to grow our grapes with minimal environmental impact. Our efforts include:
- Utilization of drip-irrigation to maximize efficiency in water consumption;
- Reduction of pesticide use with natural enemies to mitigate pests;
- Investment in state-of-the-art cold storage technology to minimize electricity usage while maintaining peak-season freshness of our grapes;
- Use of recyclable materials, including our grape bags, clamshells and punnet containers, as well as shipping and packing supplies.
Food safety begins with our carefully selected varieties that meet our highest standards.
From there, we implement a year-round Food Safety Plan that includes:
- Continuing education for all staff designed to promote safe and sanitary work habits;
- Rigorous sanitation programs in our packing and storage facilities;
- Strict adherence to Good Agricultural Practices, the farming industry standard for reducing food safety risks.
Our Food Safety Plan is designed to be fully compliant to FDA Food Code, USDA, Primus Labs GAP and GLOBALGAP requirements, following the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) guidelines which are the most globally recognized and accepted food safety standards throughout the produce farming industry. Download our certificates here.